Template:Citation Style documentation/display
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- mode: Sets element separator, default terminal punctuation, and certain capitalization according to the value provided. For
|mode=cs1, element separator and terminal punctuation is a period (
.); where appropriate, initial letters of certain words are capitalized ('Retrieved...'). For
|mode=cs2, element separator is a comma (
,); terminal punctuation is omitted; where appropriate, initial letters of certain words are not capitalized ('retrieved...'). To override default terminal punctuation use postscript.
- author-mask: Replaces the name of the first author with em dashes or text. Set author-mask to a numeric value n to set the dash n em spaces wide; set author-mask to a text value to display the text without a trailing author separator; for example, "with". You must still include the values for all authors for metadata purposes. Primarily intended for use with bibliographies or bibliography styles where multiple works by a single author are listed sequentially such as Template:Sfnote. Do not use in a list generated by
<references />or similar as there is no control of the order in which references are displayed. You can also use editor-mask and translator-mask in the same way. Mask parameters can take a number in the name of the parameter (e.g.
|authorn-mask=) to specify which author the mask should apply to.
- display-authors: Controls the number of author names that are displayed when a citation is published. To change the displayed number of authors, set display-authors to the desired number. For example,
|display-authors=2will display only the first two authors in a citation. By default, all authors are displayed.
|display-authors=etaldisplays all authors in the list followed by et al. Aliases: displayauthors.
- display-editors: Controls the number of editor names that are displayed when a citation is published. To change the displayed number of editors, set display-editors to the desired number. For example,
|display-editors=2will display only the first two editors in a citation. By default, all editors are displayed.
|display-editors=etaldisplays all editors in the list followed by et al. Aliases: displayeditors.
- last-author-amp: Switches the separator between the last two names of the author list to space ampersand space (
&) when set to
- postscript: Controls the closing punctuation for a citation; defaults to a period (
.); for no terminating punctuation, specify
|postscript=empty is the same as omitting it, but is ambiguous. Additional text or templates beyond the terminating punctuation may generate an error message.
|postscript=is ignored if quote is defined.