Main Page reformatting[edit | edit source]
I think the current Main Page is indeed, a bit dumb now with no attraction to readers whatsoever, I am therefore proposing to separate the Main Page into 3 parts.
1) The first part will be a brief introduction like “Welcome to PrivacyWiki! ... <intro>” This part will also covers to article count.
2) Then it comes to the main body part of the Main Page. It will be separated some parts (will decide according to the discussion at PrivacyWiki talk:Namespaces), linking to the featured articles (I will suggest to be chosen by community every month, as we don’t have enough active users here :(
3) The end part. I will suggest to separate this into a new section of “Rules”, linking it to the PrivacyWiki:Writer's room, along with the contact info (for contacting the wiki’s admin or bureaucrat).
Feel free to comment below if you have any concerns towards this. -Matttest (talk) 06:43, 12 July 2022 (UTC)
- @Matttest Yeah, I agree, but it is difficult to know what to put there and make it more engaging with so few editors and content being in such an early stage. For a while, I maintained a 'News' section (see Template:News/Updates), but it became too much to maintain for just one person, as I was not following privacy news every day. Checkout this revision to see how it looked.
- Could you perhaps mock up a new version of the main page as a subpage? Maybe at Main Page/Sandbox? 21x (talk) 11:59, 15 July 2022 (UTC)